The BEngTech is a three-year full time (360 credits) degree programme at level 7 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. Students can choose to major in Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. You can study towards the BEngTech either full-time or part-time through 7 providers around New Zealand.
Candidates are required to have:
i) University Entrance (UE), or equivalent, comprised of 60 credits at NCEA Level 3 or above and 20 credits at NCEA Level 2 or above, including:
- A minimum of 14 credits at NCEA Level 3 in Physics; and
- A minimum of 14 credits at NCEA Level 3 in Calculus; and
- A minimum of 14 credits at NCEA Level 3 in one other subject from the list of UE approved subjects; and
- Literacy – 10 credits at Level 2 or above, made up of 5 credits in reading and 5 credits in writing; and
- Numeracy – 10 credits at Level 1 or above (specified achievement standards, or unit standards 26623, 26626, 26627 – all three required).
ii) the New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Level 6) (NZDE) with a 60% or better overall grade average; or
iii) completed at least two years relevant work experience post-graduation; or
iv) completed equivalent academic qualifications which may include University Bursary with 45% or more in both Physics and Calculus or Algebra, equivalent Cambridge score, equivalent International Baccalaureate.